[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Alginate - Schrempp Makers

Alginate

Molds to hold plaster of Paris, pewter, resin, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jschrempp
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alginate

Postby jschrempp » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:09 pm

I used 1 pound of alginate in 7 cups of 80 degree water. It set very quickly, but not too bad. Next time I would make the water cooler or add more to slow the setting. It has a pleasant smell.

I made a mold form from old cardboard, lined with a plastic supermarket bag. Not sure that I needed the bag; the alginate is very thick. One pound was enough to cover my hand to just beyond my wrist.

It turned gray/white in about 3 minutes and I was able to pull my hand free. All hair remained on my arm. Filled the form with plaster of Paris and the resulting cast was incredibly detailed.

$15 on Amazon prime.

1lb (454g) Create-A-Mold Alginate Molding Powder by Casting Keepsakes

Return to “Mold Making”